In celebration of the College of Charleston’s 250th anniversary the Student Events Committee is pleased to offer Student Organization Programming Grants to financially support studentorganized programs and events that meet the needs of College of Charleston students and mission of the 250th Anniversary Celebration. Based on the following priorities identified by the 250th Committee, applications will be reviewed and assessed based on their commitment to:
- Building Diverse and Inclusive Communities
- Creating Meaningful Opportunities for Engagement
- Nurturing Healthy and Safe Communities
- Promoting Civic Discourse
Celebrations will center on the College’s tradition of excellence, recognition of the founders, alumni, students, current and past outstanding faculty, and how the school embodies the mind, body and spirit of all the students and members of the College of Charleston community. Priority will be given to applications that promote group collaboration, present a new initiative or program, and/or enhances an existing program through additional financial support. The student organization must agree that the program/event/activity will specifically be included as part of the College’s 250th Celebration in Spring 2020 through Fall 2020.
- All student organizations applying for funds must be registered with the Office of Student Life and listed on CougarConnect.
- Student organizations applying for funds are encouraged to collaborate with other
registered student organizations, administrative offices, or academic departments.
- All proposed programs/events must be registered through the Office of Student Life and
open and advertised to all CofC students. Private parties or exclusive events will not be
- Strongest considerations will be given to an event that includes a performance, speaker, cultural element, educational component, or community building activity. The Committee will not fund an event that is for recruiting purposes only.
- These funds should not go towards charities or community agencies.
- These funds cannot be used to fund events retroactively.
- The Programming Grant funds are a resource for money for student organizations who wish to participate in the College’s 250th Anniversary Celebration, and who may either develop a new initiative or enhance an already existing program to fit the theme and needs of the 250th Anniversary Celebration.
- The Student Events Committee of the 250th Anniversary Celebration reserves the right to amend these program eligibility requirements at their discretion.
- Student Organizations receiving a programming grant are required to complete a program evaluation following their event.
- A complete proposal must include a Program Expenses Spreadsheet.
- Programming Grants will be awarded to 6 programs/events in amounts $1,500 for events before 6pm, and $1,800 for events after 9pm and must be held during the College’s 250th Anniversary Celebration in 2020.
- Funding is for the direct payment of vendors or independent contractors who provided services for the program or other costs associated with the event.
- Applications without a detailed budget or with an incomplete information may result in the program not being funded.
- Groups are responsible for submitting the appropriate original invoices, contracts, or receipts to the Office of Student Life.
- If funded, student organizations will agree to meet with the Student Events Committee at least two times before the conclusion of the semester they are funded to discuss logistical details of their event. They also agree to have at least one member designated for the term to serve as contact/coordinator for Office of Student Life questions and requests.
How to Submit